A mill was originally built across Ellicott Creek in 1811. The current mill building was constructed in 1827. It included a sawmill operation until 1903. It also incorporated the Water-Lime Works and Williamsville Cement Company mill, which was later converted to a gristmill. After 1908, the mill was used for production of grain until 1947. The complex is a rare surviving example of a water-powered seat of local industry in Western New York. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
From 2010 to 2014, FBA worked with the Village of Williamsville to remove late era alterations that obscured the historic fabric of the building, stabilized the structure, and restored both the interior and exterior. Prior to these stabilization and rehabilitation efforts, we developed a master plan of the Mill site and developed a series of site plan options to achieve preserve and redevelop the site.